This is a card created for Mondays GDP challange. This week it was for a theme which is as you can see Get Well. Stampin’ Up! has come out with a new embossing folder “Floral Affection“. It has two embossing folder (see below under supplies for images). I haven’t used any Vellium Cardstock lately and it is a great technique so I decided that would work great with this embossing folder. My color choices were from the new Stampin’ UP! In Colors, Emerald Envy and Sweet Sugarplum. Of course, there are so many color choices that would also be great on this card. See what colors you could come up with.
Directions for card
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock ( 8 1/2 x 11) in half and fold. This is your card base.
- Cut a piece of Emerald Envy Card Stock, 4 x 5 1/4 and run though your Big Shop using the Fluttering Embossing Folder
- Next, I cut a 6″ piece of the New Sweet Sugarplum Ribbon. Adhere to the Emerald Envy Cardstock you just finished. I find it easier to put a little mono adhesive in center of ribbon, attach to the embossed side in the center, then wrap around the edges and attach on back with more mono adhesive. Now attached this piece to your White Base.
- Cut a piece of Vellium Cardstock, 2 3/4 x 3 1/4. Center in the Floral Affection Embossing Folder and run through your Big Shot. On the embossed side of the Vellium, I stamped my Get Well Image, Thoughts and Prayers Stamp Set, using the Sweet Sugarplum ink pad
- Now turn your Vellium Embossed Cardstock over to the back side , using Stampin’ UP! In Color Markers, color the flowers and leaves with Emerald Envy and Sugarplum.
- I then cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock the same size 2 3/4 x 3 1/4 and using Tombow Glue attached the vellum to the White. Cut a piece of Emerald Green (3 x 3 1/2) and layered those of the Green. Now attach to your card with either dimensional or mono adhesive
Hint: When I am using Vellium CardStock, I make sure that I only but my adhesive (I like the Tombow Glue for this) behind a colored design. If you use adhesive right on the clear vellium, it will show through and you’ll have little spots.
Links to Supplies:
As always, any questions or comments, please contact me either by phone (207)892-7530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or just comment below on this page
Enjoy your Day