Yesterday, I created this card for two challenges. MOJO Monday (MOJO456) which was a design challenge and Palspaperarts (PPA309) which was a color challenge. I combined the two and came up with the card. Love this Jar of Love by Stampin’ UP! is a new set that came out in the New 2016-2017 Stampin’ UP! annual catalog. Go to my link below to see the images of the stamp set and thinlets. Great set with lots of stamps so you can do a variety of stamping.
Directions for card, trying to keep it simple as there are several steps.
- First, we’ll cut all our cardstock. Base of card is Stampin’ UP! Island Indigo Cardstock measured at 8 1/2 by 5 1/2…folded. Next piece is the Stampin’ UP! Sahara Sand Cardstock measures at 3 x 3 1/2. You will then need some scraps of Sahara Sand for jar top,Sugar Plum for Flowers, Garden Green for stems and Very Vanilla for words.
- Next, using my 2″ Circle punch and Very Vanilla Cardstock, I punched a piece so I could stamp the Jar with Memento Black Ink. I used a blender pen to color in the water in the jar using Pool Party Ink. Cut out the Garden Green Stem on Big Shot using the coordination Everyday Jars Framelits, cut to fit and used my fine-tip glue pen to adhere. I also did my Flowers. Stamp small flowers with Sugarplum on top of Sugarplum cardstock and cut those out with same Everyday Jars Framelits. Next I stamped the top of jar with Sahara Sand Ink and cut out by hand. Attach to top of jar with dimensional. Attach your cutout flowers with dimensional. Using a dabber, go around the circle and color giving the circle some dimension.
- Run the 3 x 3 1/2 piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock through Big Shot using the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder. Attach to Card Base, then attach your completed circle at the top.
- Now stamp Hello and Friend (or any saying you’d like) on a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and punch out using Stampin’ UP! Duet Banner Punch Adhere Hello with Mono adhesive and I used a dimensional on the Friend.
- Add some Pearls or Rhinestones to corner and you are done
Links below to some of the products
- Jar of Love Bundle Item #142342 Also comes separate
- Lovely Lace Embossing Folder Item # 133737
- Big Shot Item # 143263
- 2″ Circle Punch Item # 133782
- Duet Banner Punch Item # 141483
Enjoy your day As always, please send any questions or comments. I would love to hear from you.
Eileen Shop with me 24/7
If you have not seen, Stampin’ UP! is offering a $5.00 reward for every $50 spent in July. Stampin’ Up! will send you an email with a code which you must keep to redeem in August. If considering an order, do it his month to cash in on the extra dollars