This adorable stained glass butterfly was made with all new 2017-2019 Stampin’ Up! new In-Colors. Love the new colors and they will be available on June 1st for order. Love the stained glass effect. I got that idea from my stamping buddy Lori Crowley at a group meeting. I just love that I can go to these group meetings and get new ideas. Ask me how you can go to these meeting also to get all kinds of inspiration.
- Base Cardstock is Fresh Fig 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Score at 4 1/4
- Next Layer is from our new Fresh Florals Designer Series paper which includes all the new In Colors. Cut this at 5 1/4 by 4 and used the piece that had Tranquil Tide.
- Top layer is Powder Pink which I embossed with the Fluttering Embossing Folder 4 3/4 x 3 1/2
- Using the Bold Butterfly Framelets, I cut the butterfly image in Whisper White and then with the Butterflies Thinlits I used the middle size and cut that out using the Tranquil Tide Cardstock. I adhered those together using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen (Perfect for adhering small embellishments, glitter and delicate paper cutouts)
- Now you just need to color the inside of butterfly. I used all 5 of the in-colors to color in the white spaces. I then used my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to put some shine on those colored places. On the center of the Butterfly, I used Enamel Shapes.
- For the words, I used a new Stampin’UP! stamp set, Tabs for Everything. This set comes with 53 stamps of words and images. Great set to have for all kinds of scrapbooking, journaling, cards, etc. I cut out the smaller oval of the Stitched Shapes in Whisper White to stamp my image on and then the next size up for the background using the Fresh Fig.
- Assembly and you are all done. A lot of different steps but does not take that long.
Thanks for stopping by. Any questions, please send me a message
Enjoy your day