Love the way this card came out. I used the layout, stamps and punches from the Global Design Project post this week. The challenge was to Case the Designer anything you’d like from the card posted. As you can see, I copied just about all of it.
Measurements and instructions for Card
- Base Card, Dapper Denim Cardstock, is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, then score at 4 1/4
- Smoky Slate Card Stock, 5 x 2 3/4
- Watercolor Paper (you can use Very Vanilla instead) 5 x 2 1/4
- Stamp Balloons from Stampin’ UP! Balloon Celebration Stamp Set on scrap watercolor paper or very vanilla cardstock using Dapper Denim, Rich Razzleberry and Smoky Slate
- Punch out using Stampin’ UP! Balloon Bouquet Punch
- Stamp the strings, a greeting on your Watercolor paper and adhere the balloons with either glue dots or deminsionals. I also stamped a Smoky Slate Balloon directionly on my Watercolor Paper.
- After I postioned my layers on the Base Card, I decided to add the string to both sides as that part of the card looked a little naked. I liked that effect..
- Tie a bow using Stampin’ UP! 3/8 Ruched Ribbon in Dapper Denim and attach with glue dot
Supplies for this card
I had used the watercolor paper because I was going to do some highlighting around the edge but decided not to as I felt it would make the card too busy.
Hope you enjoyed this card. As always, please post comments and questions and I’ll get back to you.
Don’t forget you can always Shop On Line 24/7. Top right of this post also has the new Stamp Set Thoughtful Branches that is only good until 08-31-16. Great set..check it out
Have a great day Eileen
Like Owls? I do! I created this card for the GDP043 challenge which was Party plus the ladies at my Stampin’ UP! Club today did the card also. The ladies loved the card so thought you would also.
Simple directions below
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Stampin ‘ UP! Cardstock 5 1/2 by 8 1/4, then fold in half. Cut a piece of Stampin’ Up! Crushed Curry Cardstock 5 1/4 x 4. Now cut 2 pieces of Stampin’Up! Whisper White Cardstock 5 x 3 3/4. One for outside and one for inside of your card.
- On one of the pieces of Whisper White Cardstock using Stampin’ UP! Balloon Celebration stamp set, I stamped at an angle the strings for the balloons with Memento Black.
- Then I stamped directly on the Whisper White (line up with string) using the same set, Balloon Celebration, two large balloons, one in Cajun Craze then other Dapper Denim.
- Next, using some scrap pieces of Whisper White Cardstock, I stamped three small balloons with Crushed Curry Ink. Then using the stamp with dots, I stamps over these with Dapper Denim Ink and Cajun Craze Ink. Punch these out using Stampin’ Up!s Balloon Bouquet Punch. (This punch coordinates with the Balloon Celebration) Layer these smaller balloons on your card using dimensional to raise a couple of them up for dimension.
- On the bottom left side, stamp whatever saying you’d like. I used the one from the set, then I added the ‘(and eat cake) and put that over the and drink with a dimensional.
- Now for the cute owl. Owl is easy because we have a punch called the Owl Builder. I used Stampin’ UP! Soft Suede Cardstock for the body and a small part of the eyes. The dress is from Stampin’ UP!s Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper. The design is on the Owl Builder Punch. Use a little Whisper White for the larger portion of the eyes and then I had purchased the goggley eyes at our local craft store. I then added the owl to the card, laying it over the strings, using a dimensional.
- Done, stamp your inside with a greeting or just use a balloon or two. I also put a balloon on my envelope.
Links below to my website so you can see images of some of the items I used.
As always, any questions or comments, please forward them to me.
You can also shop with me 24/7 at my online store.
Have a great day Eileen