The thought could go something like this….Now this looks like a great place to sit and think about all you had to say. I made this card to let you know I really appreciate our help.
I created this card for the Just Us Girls Summer Challange. Easy, I love summer. Being here in Maine gets mighty cold in the winter, so I really look forward to my summers.
This card was pretty easy and done on Watercolor Paper with Aqua Painters and three different stamp sets, Sitting Here, Kinda Electric and In the Meadow
- First I cut a piece of Stampin’ UP! Cherry Cobbler Cardstock in half, then folder in half to get the card base of 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. I then cut a piece of Stampin’ UP! Watercolor Paper 4 x 5 1/4.
- Stamp the Sun from the Kinda Electric stamp set in Daffadil Delight. Next, I did my flowers and leaves from In the Meadow stamp set. I used Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Daffadil Delight markers to color the flowers and grass doing this a couple of times so get most of the right hand side of the card done. Next, I took the grass stamp from the In the Meadow set and stamp around up to about 1/3 of the card.
- Now taking a Aqua Painter, take some of the ink from Sky Blue and do our sky. Just kind of brush across leaving some places white. Using the Aqua Painter again, do rest of the grass between the grass blades that you stamped before.
- Next, I stamped the swing, from the Sitting Here Stamp Set, using Early Espresso Ink. Using a piece of scrap Watercolor Paper, I stamped just the bottom portion of the stamp for the seat. Color this with the Early Espresso using your aqua painter. In between the slats, I used some of the Old Olive ink to color in some. I also painted the seat with the Cherry Cobbler Ink. I cut this portion out and added this with a dimensionals over my original stamped bench.
- Now just stamp the pillow and punch out using a 3/4 circle punch. Add to you seat.
- To finish this off, I stamped a greeting with Early Espresso Ink on a piece of scrap Watercolor Paper and using Stampin’ UP! Big Shot and the Project Life Card & Label Framelit, I cut out my greeting. Taking a Dauber, I color around the edges some to get a little dimension Adhere this to card using a dimensional.
- Finish by inserting a piece of Very Vanilla (4 x 5 1/4) inside card and stamping with another greeting or just write your message. Don’t forget that envelope. I would stamp the same flowers that you used on your card.
Hint for using the Aqua Painter. You fill the base of the Aqua Painter with water, then squeeze some to get some water done to the brushes. With your Stamp Pad, squeeze the cover together before you open. This will give you a little base of ink, so you can use this as your pallet. Run your Aqua Painter on a scrap piece of paper first to make sure you don’t have too much water or not enough.
Below are some of the supplies I have used on my card. Just click on item # to see the images and order them if you would like .
- Sitting Here Stamp Set Item # 141589
- Kinda Electric Stamp Set Item # 135347 Also comes in Photopolymer
- In the Meadows Stamp Set Item # 140751 Also comes in Clear Mount
- Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Paper Item # 122959
- Stampin’ UP! Aqua Painters Item # 103957
- Project Life Card & Label Framelit Item # 135707
- Stampin’ Up! Big Shot Item # 143263
- Stampin’ UP! 3/4″ Circle Item # 119873
If you have any questions/comments, please let me know. I hope you enjoyed this card today.
Thanks for Visiting
Eileen If you like any or all of these products, go to my Online Store to order 24/7