Thinking of You card that I make for a Sympathy Card for a Club Member of mine. I also used the colors for this weeks #GDP081 which was to use Night of Navy, Whisper White and any other color of your choice. I used Old Olive which works great with what I was doing.
Supplies for this card are:
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White for the Base card 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 score at 4 1/4, then cut another piece of white for your mat Color that you will stamp on 3 3/4 x 5
- Use Stampin’ Up! Night of Navy for the in-between layer.
- Stamp the Tree from Stampin’ Up! Thoughts and Prayers in Old Olive Stampin’ UP! Ink Pad
- Stamp the words you would like in Night of Navy of a piece of scrap whisper white card stock and using the Layering Square Framelit cut out the square piece, then with a scrap piece of Night of Navy, use the next size up using a scallop Framelit. Attach these together and adhere to the bottom right corner of your card
- I used the Tree Builder Punch Flower for the Night of Navy flowers for the tree and a couple on the bottom.
- Added Basic Pearls to the flowers.
A lot of White for this Card which I don’t usually like, but I think it works great on this layout.
Click on link Item # below to see the images of Stamp Set, Punch and Framelits
You can go to my online store to order, view items, check out clearance product and also see some great projects Go visit anytime 24/7 here
As always, please forward any questions you may have.
Till next time
This is a card created for Mondays GDP challange. This week it was for a theme which is as you can see Get Well. Stampin’ Up! has come out with a new embossing folder “Floral Affection“. It has two embossing folder (see below under supplies for images). I haven’t used any Vellium Cardstock lately and it is a great technique so I decided that would work great with this embossing folder. My color choices were from the new Stampin’ UP! In Colors, Emerald Envy and Sweet Sugarplum. Of course, there are so many color choices that would also be great on this card. See what colors you could come up with.
Directions for card
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock ( 8 1/2 x 11) in half and fold. This is your card base.
- Cut a piece of Emerald Envy Card Stock, 4 x 5 1/4 and run though your Big Shop using the Fluttering Embossing Folder
- Next, I cut a 6″ piece of the New Sweet Sugarplum Ribbon. Adhere to the Emerald Envy Cardstock you just finished. I find it easier to put a little mono adhesive in center of ribbon, attach to the embossed side in the center, then wrap around the edges and attach on back with more mono adhesive. Now attached this piece to your White Base.
- Cut a piece of Vellium Cardstock, 2 3/4 x 3 1/4. Center in the Floral Affection Embossing Folder and run through your Big Shot. On the embossed side of the Vellium, I stamped my Get Well Image, Thoughts and Prayers Stamp Set, using the Sweet Sugarplum ink pad
- Now turn your Vellium Embossed Cardstock over to the back side , using Stampin’ UP! In Color Markers, color the flowers and leaves with Emerald Envy and Sugarplum.
- I then cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock the same size 2 3/4 x 3 1/4 and using Tombow Glue attached the vellum to the White. Cut a piece of Emerald Green (3 x 3 1/2) and layered those of the Green. Now attach to your card with either dimensional or mono adhesive
Hint: When I am using Vellium CardStock, I make sure that I only but my adhesive (I like the Tombow Glue for this) behind a colored design. If you use adhesive right on the clear vellium, it will show through and you’ll have little spots.
Links to Supplies:
Floral Affection Embossing Folder
Fluttering Embossing Folder
Thoughts & Prayers Stamp Set
2016-2018 In Colors
Stampin’ Up! Big Shot
As always, any questions or comments, please contact me either by phone (207)892-7530 or email email@example.com or just comment below on this page
Shop with me On Line 24/7
Enjoy your Day