This is a card created for Mondays GDP challange. This week it was for a theme which is as you can see Get Well. Stampin’ Up! has come out with a new embossing folder “Floral Affection“. It has two embossing folder (see below under supplies for images). I haven’t used any Vellium Cardstock lately and it is a great technique so I decided that would work great with this embossing folder. My color choices were from the new Stampin’ UP! In Colors, Emerald Envy and Sweet Sugarplum. Of course, there are so many color choices that would also be great on this card. See what colors you could come up with.
Directions for card
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock ( 8 1/2 x 11) in half and fold. This is your card base.
- Cut a piece of Emerald Envy Card Stock, 4 x 5 1/4 and run though your Big Shop using the Fluttering Embossing Folder
- Next, I cut a 6″ piece of the New Sweet Sugarplum Ribbon. Adhere to the Emerald Envy Cardstock you just finished. I find it easier to put a little mono adhesive in center of ribbon, attach to the embossed side in the center, then wrap around the edges and attach on back with more mono adhesive. Now attached this piece to your White Base.
- Cut a piece of Vellium Cardstock, 2 3/4 x 3 1/4. Center in the Floral Affection Embossing Folder and run through your Big Shot. On the embossed side of the Vellium, I stamped my Get Well Image, Thoughts and Prayers Stamp Set, using the Sweet Sugarplum ink pad
- Now turn your Vellium Embossed Cardstock over to the back side , using Stampin’ UP! In Color Markers, color the flowers and leaves with Emerald Envy and Sugarplum.
- I then cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock the same size 2 3/4 x 3 1/4 and using Tombow Glue attached the vellum to the White. Cut a piece of Emerald Green (3 x 3 1/2) and layered those of the Green. Now attach to your card with either dimensional or mono adhesive
Hint: When I am using Vellium CardStock, I make sure that I only but my adhesive (I like the Tombow Glue for this) behind a colored design. If you use adhesive right on the clear vellium, it will show through and you’ll have little spots.
Links to Supplies:
Floral Affection Embossing Folder
Fluttering Embossing Folder
Thoughts & Prayers Stamp Set
2016-2018 In Colors
Stampin’ Up! Big Shot
As always, any questions or comments, please contact me either by phone (207)892-7530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or just comment below on this page
Shop with me On Line 24/7
Enjoy your Day
What a cute card to be used for Baby Congratulations, Child’s Birthday, Announcements, etc. I created this card from a Twisted Triple Time Card Challenge created by Sandi MacIver, of stampingandblogging. For my card, I used some retiring Stampin’ Up! In Colors and a retiring Stampin’ Up! stamp set, Zoo Babies. Retiring Items are until Supplies last or May 31st, 2016
If you would like a PDF, please reply and I’ll send you one that I have prepared. Stampin’ Up! Card Stock dimensions are as follows:
Lost Lagoon Card Stock: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, 3 1/4 x 4 1/2, and 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 then Whisper White Card Stock: 4 x 5 1/4, 3 x 4 1/4 and 2 x 3 1/4
Hope you enjoyed this card. Please shop with me anytime. My store is open 24/7
Shop with Eileen
Enjoy your Day
This card was created for a color challenge that Sandi MacIver of http://www.stampinwithsandi.com posted on March 24th. The color combination was Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Wisteria Wonder. Great color combination and I’ve incorporated all three in the card above. I also used a embossing technique so we could get double the fun. Directions for card as follows:
- Using Stampin’ Up!s stamp set, ‘You’ve Got This’, I stamped the image in the background in Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin’ Pad on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock cut to 5 x 3 3/4
- Then with Stampin’ Write Markers, Melon Mambo and Old Olive, I colored the flower and leaf image and stamped over the image we just stamped.
- Immediately, I poured Clear Embossing Powder over the flower and leaf image and then used my heat tool until my images were dry and shiny.
- Stamp a saying from the ‘You’ve Got this’ using a Melon Mambo Ink Pad.
- On a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock, stamp a butterfly from ‘Popillon Potpourri’ stamp set using Bermuda Bay Ink Pad. Punch out with Bitty Butterfly Punch and set aside.
- Now to assembly. I first cut a piece of Melon Mambo Card Stock 8 1/2 x 11 in half which gives us a 5 1/5 x 4 1/4. This is your base
- I then cut a piece of Bermuda Bay, 5 1/4 x 4 and layered on the Melon Mambo using Snail Adhesive.
- Now we can finish assembly. Using Snail Adhesive attach the Whisper White stamped card stock to the Bermuda Bay Card Stock. Using a mini Glue Dot, adhere the Butterfly to side of Flower.
Hope you liked the card. I will post another one next week. Still working on getting this blog setup so will be working on getting it ‘dressed up’ some more. Please stop by and let me know what you think about the additions as they come along. I have added a link for you to sign up for my posting and if you like my blog, please share.
Thank You Have a great day
Eileen Frost 17 Wright Road Windham, ME 04062 (207)892-7530
Shop with Eileen 24/7 Email email@example.com
Hi Stampers My card today is:
Watercolor Wash Card using Stampin’ Up! Grateful Bunch Stamp Set and coordinating Blossom Bunch Punch
- Using Mint Macaron Stamp Pad, ink just the top of the stamp, Watercolor Wash
- Using the Cucumber Crush Stamp pad, ink the bottom of the stamp
- Using Crushed Curry Ink Refill, but some ink in a container
- Using an Aqua Painter and your container of Crushed Curry Ink, color the center of your Watercolor Stamp.
- Huff, deep breath and breath on your stamped image to get it moistened. Ink could dry during application.
- Stamp image on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock size 5 1/4 x 4
- Using the leaf of the Grateful Bunch Stamp Set, stamp the stem and leafs in Memento Black or Stazon Black to get a crisp image.
- Stamp your group of three flowers from the Grateful Bunch Stamp Set onto a piece of scrap Whisper White Card Stock using the Black Ink we used on the stem
- I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color my flowers first before I punched out. I used Watermelon Wonder, Delightful Dijon and the Cucumber Crush
- Now you can punch out using the new Blossom Bunch Punch, set aside for a moment while we do our saying. See how great the punch lines up with the stamped flowers
- Stamp ‘You are totally awesome’ on a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock then punch out using Stampin’ UP!s 2 3/4 Scallop Circle Punch
- Using a Sponge Dauber dipped in Cucumber Crush ink, I colored around the edges to give the Whisper White Card Stock some dimension
- I assembled the Card by using some Snail Adhesive to add the saying, then with some Stampin’ Dimensionals I added the punched out Flowers
- Now you just need to layer this on a piece of Cucumber Crush Card Stock sized 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 folded in half
I will be posting once a week, Wednesdays, until I get more items added to this Blog. My next challenge is to figure out how to add Side Bars, Categories, Tags, etc. Please check back to see my progress.
Shop with Eileen 24/7 or email order or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your Day Eileen